Thread: Racoon hunting

Racoon hunting

Coworker goes every night, still too hot for me but he gave me an open invite today. I'm off till next Thursday and never been so I may make a hunt this week. I'm gonna try and see if he wants to try the government woods closer to my place hehe.

Let us know how it goes. I've only been one time when I was younger......had a blast!

He use dogs?

I haven't tried coon hunting but my friend is a successful racoon hunter. He always takes an accurate shot and he's skilled in tracking racoon scent trails. I think, having a dog that helps him track increased his chances of a successful coon hunts.

Being a beginner I have never been hunting, let alone coon hunting. I have listened to the old Jerry Clower recording about going coon hunting. It's hilarious. If you haven't heard this I encourage you to listen.
    Last edited by Sally; 09-19-2016 at 07:15 AM.

He does use dogs and I haven't gone yet. That jerry clower story never gets old.

Never gone coon hunting before but I know a friend who's good at this. Most times, he'll be equipped with a hunting light and gets his dog as company. I will venture out with him during my work leave which comes no sooner than October.