Thread: Where are all the fish??

Cool Where are all the fish??

I'm a novice fisherwoman but I do love the peace and solitude of getting a hook wet. As of late I've not been able to catch anything over 5 or 6 inches long. Talking to my brother, the sea captain, he says the shrimpers are netting a lot of the pan sized fish and can't get them back into the ocean before they are dead. Then come the sharks. We've had several shark attacks here along the NC coast in the last year. It seems a vicious cycle but I still try. One of these days I'll catch a mess of fish to fry for supper that are big enough to eat.

Perhaps you also need to check the bait and fishing location. Live baits are helpful, although they need sufficient oxygen and out of direct sunlight. I used to take researches about location too easy that I wasted my time with small fishes. Using the internet, these researches can be done within minutes.

I hadn't thought about using the internet to see where they were biting Incomplete. Thanks for the input. I'll surely give that a try next time I decide to drop a hook.

I have used a live bait before and it only helps when you are patient enough to stay calm and enjoy the solitude. Thank you for the input Incomplete. It never occurs to me at times that you can almost find anything on the internet nowadays. We tend to overlook this fact a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I have used a live bait before and it only helps when you are patient enough to stay calm and enjoy the solitude. Thank you for the input Incomplete. It never occurs to me at times that you can almost find anything on the internet nowadays. We tend to overlook this fact a lot.

Using a live bait is definitely my preferred choice for a successful catch. I usually buy my live bait at the local Bait Shop, but it is a more rewarding experience when I catch it myself. Do you purchase or catch your live bait?